Friday, April 11, 2008

"Blissful" Berry Bliss Tin Card Files / Tin Purses





For these tins, I left the goop out of the decoupage.  I skipped the Mod Podge and the Aleene's Laminate It altogether.  These altered containers are gifts for adults, so they won't need a topcoat anyway.  It was much faster and easier than the two tin containers I've made with sealers, and I like the way they look.  The product I used this time to adhere the paper to the tin is Scrapbook Adhesives Photo Tape 81' permanent super high tack tape by 3L.  I bought it at the local scrapbooking store.  I applied it close to the edge along all the edges of the paper and laid it onto the tin lunch box.  

I scrapped the paper template I had downloaded and made my own template for the lids.  It was worth the effort because it fit on the first try without trimming.  In a future blog, I'll post instructions on how to make the template.  Once you get one that works, trace it on card stock and cut it for additional lid.

I cased the buckle and scallop embellishment ideas from Stamping Fun w/ Sherrie, a talented SU demonstrator. 

No comments: